Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers' Day

I hope you all had a wonderful Mothers' Day. Mine started out a little rough--neither of my kids would go up to the stand to sing with the other primary kids and the song they would have been singing is the very one I often sing to them at bedtime: I often go walking. Where the heck is the love? And Camp's primary teacher came by my class to deliver the Mothers' Day card he had made me. She said she wanted to get it to me before it was possibly destroyed. She said that Camp was in somewhat of a destructive mood and that he had said something about cutting it all up and killing something/someone. Yikes! (To my family--can you see me pulling at my collar right now?) But other than that, my day was pretty darn good. I was treated to the greatest luxury: a nap. Man, sleep makes me happy. Aaaannnndddd, while I was sleeping, Brian and the kids made me cookies. Oh, and Brian got me a couple of house plan magazines (man, there are some ridiculous plans out there), because I am in the process of looking for a house plan for our next house. I will likely be putting our house up for sale again this week. Why? Because in anticipation of so many of you coming to visit us, we've decided it would help to have a guest room. So tell all of the people you know who are moving to Florence that you know of the best house for sale. To start out, I'm going to be giving the for-sale-by-owner thing a whirl just to see what happens. But anyway....
Let it be known (in case I die, or in case it isn't known already) that I love my mom, and I love being a mother. I am grateful for the chance I have as a mother to experience the closest thing to Christ's love that I will ever experience in this life. I am also grateful to feel unconditionally loved by my mom and by my children. I hope they feel the same from me.

P.S. A special "Happy Mother's Day" to Brooke, who is sure to be one heck of a cool mama to the little Lima bean chillin inside her. And CONGRATULATIONS to Heather and Mim on their new babies!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Good luck selling your house! And Happy belated Mother's Day.

Rob and Marseille said...

Christopher likes to talk about violent things right now too.

Lisa said...

Oregon seems like it is a really pretty state with lots of trees. I have never actually been there. Do you love living ther?

Ann said...

Yes, it is beautiful. And yes, I love living here.

Topsy and Havoc said...

ann this allegient air thing is quickly leaving a bad taste in my mouth, what a crock. you see incredible deals all over the place but you have to act fast or else they raise the price within a day! we are trying to work it out so john can get off work, on a cheap weekend. but i can't wait to see you guys.

Danalin said...

Happy belated Mother's Day to one cool momma.

Heidi :) :) ;) said...

I loved the story about Camp at church. I think most Moms of boys can appreciate that story. :)

Audge said...

Oh Ann. I love you so much. Just thought you should know.