Saturday, January 28, 2012

WHAT'S FOR DINNER (and the winner of the 3M Strips)



Thank you so much to those of you who gave me meal suggestions for this upcoming week!  The ones I chose  and will be making this week are:

Turkey Bagel Burgers
Hearty Lentil Soup
Asian Chicken Salad
Well Dressed Chicken


I put these suggestions, as well as those I chose last week, into a hat (well, actually, a bowl), and Jane drew the winner:


Well Dressed Chicken (which, by the way, sounds like a perfect meal for Amelia Bedelia to make :) )
Congratulations, Laura!  I hope you love the 3M strips as much as I have.  Please email me at lac1107@aol.com to give me your address and I'll get them on their way.  I love that after all these years, food is bringing us together again!





WHATS FOR DINNER?!    The winner this month will receive an Airwick Scented Oil Warmer and 2 Refills

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hi Ann,
This is one of my go to comfort meals. I can seriously eat this meal every.single.day if I could -


Thai Green Chicken Curry

Serve with steamed rice to soak up the flavorful sauce.
4 servings
PREP: 25 minutes
TOTAL: 25 minutes

Ingredients

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3/4 cup sliced shallots (about 5 large)
1 3/4 teaspoons Thai green curry paste
1 14-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
2 teaspoons fish sauce
1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil plus sprigs for garnish
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice plus wedges for garnish
Preparation

Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and curry paste; stir until shallots soften, about 2 minutes. Add coconut milk and fish sauce; bring to boil. Add chicken and bell pepper; stir until chicken is just cooked through. Stir in chopped basil and lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide curry among bowls. Garnish with basil sprigs and lime wedges.

Katie said...

I was also going to say that this is a fun idea! You will probably need to put all these great idea into a cookbook. I would buy one! :)