Saturday, April 26, 2014

No News Is Good News

I started the following blog post a while ago and then never finished it.  However,  I go to my blog page a lot because it contains the links to all the other blogs I follow.  And I had gotten to the point that if I were to see that Christmas tree picture from my last post one more time, I might put a fist through my computer.  And I like Christmas trees a lot.  So it was definitely time for a new post, and at least a partial post would alleviate the problem with the Christmas tree picture.  Anyway....



They say that no news is good news.  And at least this time, for me, they are right.  I am at a very good spot in my life right now.   This has been a good year so far.  (Which means there will be more than just a few words again in my Christmas letter.  :) )  Things are really, really good.....

For whatever reason, typing that previous sentence got me to thinking about what it means when I say "things are good" and mean it.  I mean, if things really are "good" for someone, what does that mean?  I  would imagine it means something different for everyone, but i'll tell you what it means for me.  It basically implies three things--First, that Brian and I are really getting along and enjoying one another; second, that we have the money we need to cover all of our expenses, plus a little (which is probably why we are able to get along :) ); and three, that there is general peace in our home where our kids are concerned--meaning that we do not currently want to kill them and they do not currently want to kill us.    There may still be a fair (really fair) amount of fighting, but there is still some level of control that keeps everything manageable.  You know what I mean?  And these are all things that are true of my life right now, so I am good.










In March, I went to Hurricane, UT for my seventh mom-and-sister reunion.  And I think it was my favorite so far.  As it happened, none of us was pregnant....I don't think.....and there were no babies--not that babies aren't super fun, but their absence just makes planning and certain activities a little easier.  And everyone was able to be there:  My Mamacita, Sarah, Laura, Audrey, Kat, Allecia and me.  We stayed at my Grandma Hatch's again and had a wonderful time.  We went hiking twice, watched two movies (the Curious Life of Walter Mitty and Departures), rode bikes through Zion, ate out, made Oreo blizzards, talked, played cards....  Oh, and we did this thing a few times where we would challenge our waitresses to match each of our names with the correct person (do I look like an Ann or do I look more like a Kat or a Laura, etc?)  and if they could get at least two matches, we would give them a prize.  That was fun.  It was all fun.  I feel so grateful to have sisters.  I feel so grateful to have a family.

4 comments:

Sarah Collett said...

I don't remember watching The Departed. Weird. Maybe you should Google that. Anyway, LOVE YOU and thanks for posting. I was going to scream if I had look at that Christmas tree one more time.

Anonymous said...

Download captain america 2 : www.captainamerica2thewintersoldier.com/

Ann said...

Haha, Sarah! You probably thought it was so funny for me to have made that error. :) I meant Departures.

Audge said...

I love when you post!

And dang it--I dropped the ball and didn't send you my pics from the girls trip. I will send those to you soon just so you have them.

Love you!