Friday, August 31, 2007

Pushing lessons


Jane officially went potty and poopoo in the toilet last night! For the last couple weeks, she has been letting us know when she has to go poopoo by pointing to her bum and saying "uh paw-ee." So we have practiced putting her on the toilet several times, but until last night, nothing had ever happened. Last night, she and Camp were taking a bath and Jane started doing the point-at-her-bum thing, so I took her out and let her sit on the toilet for a while. She didn't go at first, so I held her for a little while without her diaper, and then when I coud tell that she wasn't going to hold it much longer, I put her back on the toilet and started reading her books. After about ten minutes, I took her off the toilet only to discover that she had gone potty and poopoo without me even realizing it! Yay, Janey!

12 comments:

Sarah Collett said...

Those pictures are so delicious!
What a darling girl. We can't wait to come!
Sarah

Heather Bell said...

She is too cute!!! What a great day when diapers are a thing of the past.....but then you have another one.=)

Rachel said...

Wow! So that's how you do it!? My daughter will be three in November and hasn't wanted anything to do with the toilet. Tonight was the first time she went on the potty too! Your daughter looks adorable and so proud!

Nicole Cave said...

She is so happy and proud of herself by that big grin...cute!!

nikki said...

She is too cute... the idea of potty training is almost enough for me to stay on birth control :) Congratulations to little Janey!!

Sandy said...

Hey Ann,
So sorry I didn't respond sooner--I haven't been able to do as much blogging as I like the past couple of weeks. Anyways, as far as jeans go, unfortunately I haven't found any real good ones lately and I too have the same problem...not much of a butt.
Jane is so stinkin cute!! I'm trying to work with Bella but she wants nothing to do with the toilet! It gets a bit frustrating because she doesn't really like her diapers either. If you have any pointers I'd love to hear them! Have a great day and happy blogging! :)

campblondie said...

Never can have too much practice. Good luck with that.

Miriam said...

This is huge. What's next? She is soooo cute in those pictures.

Lila said...

Yay Jane! How old is she? Way to go! I put off potty training thinking that it was easier to have the diaper so I wouldn't have to stop and take them to the potty all of the time (I know, LAZY) but having Avery potty trained ended up so liberating. keep it up Janey!

Danalin said...

Hooray for Jane! Good work, little lady. She seems so little to be goin' on the potty. Ty was hoping Max would be trained by age one :)...that just didn't happen.

Emilie said...

I dont think I have ever seen a more excited or cuter face than that on the potty!!! ADORABLE

Asia said...

Those are the cutest pushing pictures ever!