Thursday, February 7, 2013

My Favorite Thing About Brian

By the way, at the end of this dare (the dare with making the lists), the book asks Which list was easier to make?  What does this reveal about your thoughts?   Oh, man.  Good question.

But let me share with you a couple of the many things on my positive qualities list for Brian.    (Cause you know it's been killing me to not be able to talk through all of these dares with you.  I'm doing my best to be appropriately private. )

Brian makes me feel safe.  Physically safe, mainly.    Do you know what I mean?  He is very strong, and very brave, and he just kinda knows how to survive and protect his family.  He thinks quickly, and figures things out, and finds solutions, and uses available resources, and is always prepared.  So weather I have a flat tire, or something is burning, or I am in danger, I know he will protect and take care of me, and I love that.

Secondly, I love and am so grateful for Brian's always having been so patient with my "getting ready" stuff.  I'm afraid I've never been the get-out-of-the-shower-and-go kinda girl--as much as I wish I were--and Brian has always just been so patient with me.  I don't think he has ever--in our almost-twelve years of marriage--complained that I have taken too long to get ready to go somewhere.  I'm even irritated at myself, but he has never said a word.    Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm realizing that he has probably never said a word because he recognizes I am doing the world a favor by getting out the flat iron and some mascara.  Yeah, that's it, I'm sure.  But still.  I really appreciate it.

What were some of the things on your good lists?

1 comment:

Her Royal Highness said...

Some on my list copy yours - Popeye makes me feel safe and he NEVER complains about me - EVER. (And there is a-plenty to complain about.)
But some other things I love about Popeye: his patriotism, his sense of humor, his sexy legs. :) and his willingness to pick up my slack in the house when I spend too much time at the computer.