Sunday, July 15, 2007

Just trying to fill my quota

It's hard for me to be motivated to write anything when I have no pictures. Maybe I'll just start posting old pictures that have nothing to do with what I'm writing. That might work...

Anyway, I had a good day at church today. The Gospel Doctrine Lesson was on the atonement of the Savior. I really appreciated the lesson (although it wasn't as good as the one my mom gave nearly four years ago), because it allowed the Spirit to testify to me of Christ's atonement and of his being our Savior. I felt it very strongly. This experience closely echoes one that I had four years ago when I was in Vegas visiting my family. The circumstances were very similar to today's. I was about 7 months pregnant and I had been praying that Heavenly Father would bless me with a stronger testimony of and relationship with the Savior. I attended my mom's gospel doctrine class, during which she covered the last week of the Savior's life. That day, the Spirit witnessed to me of the truthfulness of the things my mom had taught in a very powerful and unforgettable way. As I have continued to pray for a stronger testimony of and relationship with the Savior, I have had the scripture in D&C come to my mind many times when the Lord (or Heavenly Father--I'm not sure who was talking) asks ...hmmm...who was it?...I think it was one of the three witnesses...something like "Do you not remember the time when I spoke peace to your soul?" (reminding him of revelation he had previously received)...Anyway... good day...

On a lighter note, I thought it was kinda fun that Nicole Cave and Tara Maxfield kinda put out requests for people to write something new. I think it would be kinda fun if at times we (meaning anyone reading this) all responded to some particular question or something... My question tonight is this: Does anyone have a good joke?
Here's one to start us out. (Thanks, Mom.) I hope it's not so old that all of you have already heard it.

What do you call it when a bomb goes off in a kitchen in France?
Linoleum Blownaparte.

9 comments:

campblondie said...

A+ on the joke Ann. Unfoutunatly I don't have a good joke, but I will start brainstorming ASAP.

Anonymous said...

I have no good jokes but keep them coming.

Danalin said...

Thanks for the insightful thoughts! I, too, have been thinking a lot lately about how I want to strengthen my relationship with the Savior. You know how that ebbs and flows...I love what you shared.

My mother-in-law has a favorite joke that I've never thought was very funny but because it's not funny, it's become kind of funny to me. Here it is:

Ask me if I'm a taxi cab.
Are you a taxi cab?
No.

Go ahead, start rollin' in your seats!

Danalin said...

Oh, and would you be weirded out if I added you as a link on my blog? It's easier for me to check in on yours if I do that. I never answered your ? - we live in Silverdale, WA, across Puget Sound from Seattle. It is beautiful here! I bet Florence is pretty as well; it looks like it's right near the water? Do you like this question asking and answering on here? Maybe it's cheesy. Oh well.

Nicole Cave said...

I am one of those people that is too dumb to remember jokes. I laughed when you posted this because the first thing that I thought of was my father-n-law. He likes to tell jokes...but the funny thing is that he tells the same ones over and over. He loves to tell me "Last time I saw legs like that, it was on a chicken!" He thinks it is so funny. I think it's funny that he never gets sick of it.

Talltiffany said...

Here's a little joke. I must have been tired when I heard it, but it made me laugh:

Where does the General keep his armies?

...In his sleevies.

Ann said...

Tiffany,

I love it! That joke actually made me laugh out loud! You get the Ann's good jokes award.

Ann said...

Nicole,

Your father in law sounds like my grandfather-in-law, except that I have definitely never had the pleasure of someone teasing me about my chicken legs. I think I would love that!

Dana, I actually think your joke was funny too! It's one of those jokes that could totally put you over the edge in one of those situations where everyone is dilerious with laughter already and so every joke becomes that much funnnier. Do you know what I mean?

Danalin said...

Okay, so we had a Young Womens activity tonight and everyone got popsicles. I am telling you this because on the popsicles were jokes. Only one of them made me laugh...

What did the macaroni say to the tomato?

Don't get saucy with me!