Thursday, February 11, 2010







I don't really have anything to say tonight, but I wanted to post pictures of my much improved bedroom. I wish I had some before pictures to show you, but I'm afraid they are on the hard drive of our old computer, and we haven't extracted them yet. Just trust me that it looks worlds better now. See how my night stand/dressers used to be like this:
Well, I painted them black and they look so much better. And can you tell what it is that I actually matted and framed? (I haven't gotten the glass yet.) Yep. Magazine articles. They were interesting articles and had the right colors for the room. Who said you can't frame pages from a magazine and call it art?
















And I'm afraid I've fallen to idol worship. My idol? Her:

I love every room she designs and I think she's gorgeous.












But don't worry. I still love these guys more. (And the little poo, too, of course. She just wasn't part of the moment.


































Oh, and Brooke! This is the little comic I told you about. Isn't it perfect?! I LOVE it!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

That's a funny comic. And your room looks great.

I so enjoyed talking to you yesterday. Thanks for calling.

Jen said...

All I can say is wow. Your room looks amazing. All the colors look great and the frames are so creative!

Ryan & Brooke said...

It looks like it's straight out of BH&G! I love it! Especially the lines in the carpet. The nightstands look great at that height too. The comic is so perfect. I'm sure we would both be thinking that same thing if we were laying on that couch.

april said...

your room looks beautiful -- inspires me to get around to my own..... we'll see :)

Anonymous said...

Ann, I will soon be digging through my newspaper clippings about my boys and matting and framing my favorites for each one. Thanks for the idea.

Diana P. said...

Okay, that anonymous was supposed to be me, don't know why it listed me that way.

Luell said...

I love that designer too, from Room Service and Design, Inc. I forget her name though. I miss not having TV, partly because of those 2 shows. Love the room! Your house always looks great!