Tuesday, February 23, 2010

No more food talk

You may or may not have noticed that I have not posted the foods I have consumed over the last few days. And you may be reasoning that it is because Brian and I went away for the weekend for our anniversary and likely ate more than I was willing to document. You're partly right. Right about the eating a lot part, but not right about my reason for not having disclosed the details. The truth is, I have a certain very dear friend (whom I promised not to name) who was brave enough to tell me that my food posts were not a good idea for a multitude of reasons--not the least of which being that lists of soggy cereal and leftover spaghetti do not make for interesting reading. And while I appreciate her setting me straight, I've got to say, I'm a bit disappointed because being accountable to you for the things I've been eating really has been helping me. Nevertheless, from now on, I'll be forced to do my best to control my eating habits because it's the healthy thing to do and not because others might otherwise think I'm a pig. So that's it.

But Brian and I really did have a fantastic weekend away. We went to dinner with Jen and Tim, ate Pizza Pipeline bread sticks and watched a little of the Olympics, and then headed to Dez's and Nate's house to spend the night. In the morning, Dez made us a delicious breakfast and then we headed out to do some shopping--or looking, rather, for the most part. It was totally laid back and totally cool. Brian had me laughing a good part of the time, and seriously--what's more romantic than that? Not much, in my mind. Later in the day, we met up with Dez and Nate again, who treated us to dinner, and we then stopped to pick up some groceries before heading home.

So tomorrow, actually, marks our ninth wedding anniversary. Yep. That's right. We've enjoyed eight really good years. Ha Ha. And as it turns out, I don't like Brian as much as I did when I married him nine years ago. I like him more. Happy Anniversary, Sexy.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

That's funny about the food - I got a laugh out of all of the times you finished your kids food! The lot of mothers I guess. Anyways - happy anniversary!

Topsy and Havoc said...

happy anniversary... tell brian i am still waiting for my picture text of the of the funny phrase.

Audge said...

Happy Anniversary, SEXY?! Yow.

Bahaha.

Ryan & Brooke said...

Ann,
Follow this link http://enjoyingthesmallthings.blogspot.com/2010/01/nella-cordelia-birth-story.html and read the story. It makes me grateful for all the things I take for granted and makes me realize things aren't so bad.
Don't you think it's funny how I always start off my comments with addressing you? Really who else is going to read this. I really don't need to specify this is to you as this is your blog. However, I still feel the unrelinquishing need to start with "Ann."
I'm so glad the food posts are long gone. However, I did find entertainment in hearing how much food you ate off the floor!

Diana P. said...

I did find your lists of food inspiring. It's your blog, if it helps you, then list them! At least write them down and put them on your fridge or bathroom mirror or something. It does help to write them down. Congrats on the Anniversary. You are both wonderful and deserve everlasting happiness.

Jen said...

Would you email me that picture? I have to document that fun night too! I'm so glad you guys came up. It was a much needed date! As for your food blog, it didn't bother me in the least. I just had to laugh, because only you could be so honest as to list one jelly bean you found on the floor!! Everyone knows things you find on the floor don't count!